AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I used a new copy of the image from site 1. I opened my 4160, and low and behold, I have 2 80gb in it. Not surprised as 160's were not around 2 years ago.

Anyway, I put the new imaged drive in to the replay (following the GREAT directions) and it worked the first time. I did though, have to force a net connect 5 times before I go my own download. The one on the image worked great though for DirectTV. Even the "local" channels worked but the programming was wrong.

Tomorow, I reinstall my old 80's, watch my shows on it, clear the drives, and then put my replay together with the 160. I can't imagine having dual 160's and 100 hours at HQ! wow, I was happy with 55hours, what would I do with 100? Hummm I think I could be happy with that!

What a thrill. Thank you all so much for assisting me though this process. I was quite worried about opening my unit up. I have NO idea why. I've been doing computers since 1978 (My first was a Timex).....shoot, did I just date myself? Darn it. Now, If, After recertification, can I install one of those 80's as a second drive and increase my storage by 25 hours? I would assume so since I should be able to add any size drive.... Think I'll save some bucks though, and just add another 160..

Again, THANKS!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Oh yeah, she's been bitten and the fangs went deep.

You know if you really go through the trouble of takin' the screws out again, you might as well put in a 160 (250? :) )

You could also put the shows on your 80s on your PC and stream.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
We hooked another one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, she's been bitten HARD. Now to really start playing. I have an HDTV and there ARE VGA to PBRy outputs... hummmm.... I wonder....

I hooked the 80's back up to see if my shows were still there and they are so Im watching my eposode of Enterprise and will then move them to my spare computer and check into streaming.

Anyone know what drive will have the data? It's a clean system with only 6 hours of stuff on it. I would also like to keep the schedules so I dont' have to rebuild them.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.