AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, while I'm technically inclined, I don't keep up with what is the best-of-the-best in the world of televisions, or even what is best in the mid-range. I'm planning on getting a TV with a no-interest financing promotion that Amazon is running, which I'll be able to pay off by February or March. Currently I'm looking hard at the Panasonic TC-P42GT25 . From what I understand it's panel isn't the best, but it does do 2D-to-3D conversion. Another plus is that I get two pairs of glasses with it, plus some other junk.

Here is the complete list of TVs that are available in the promotion, from the four different manufacturers in it. If you can see a better 3D" TV, 37"-42" (quality is more important than size for me), please let me know. Also note that the area the TV will be in cannot fit a TV above 42".

It's primary use will be watching TV (often SD), and playing video games. It's performance with gaming is very important. Of course I also enjoy watching Blu-ray and DVD movies, as well as streaming Netflix. I'm not overly demanding of picture quality, but I do want the best for my budget and needs. Should I steer clear of plasma? I'm hearing bad things about uneven lighting on LED backlit LCDs.

How much of an issue will burn-in be with this set? It will be on long hours, and as we all know, many channels have logos on the screen now (though, I assume that isn't a huge issue since the logos don't appear on commercials). Typically I will leave it on when I'm home, including when I sleep, and turn it off when I go to work. On the product pag they give the panel a 100,000 hour life-span, but that seems unrealistic. I don't expect a TV to last an eternity, but four or five years is good.

I know I'm bombarding you guys with a lot of info, but any help would be very appreciated. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey man I got this tv I like the skin tone and color reproduction better than the 40" Samsung led 3D and other Sammy 3DS at 37-42" it's hard to find certain models but Id say go to a retail store that carries a few of the models you're interested in a check them out. I play alot of black ops played about 6 hours straight the other night no burn in. It has anti-image retention software that help out. Good tv even if blacks do rise

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.