AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think that it is physically impossible based on what I have seen on the individual parts that make up the plasma. There is metal around the edge of the glass for the electrical input to the panel.

40.1" is the smallest I have found so far, and I think Panasonic is 40.2 (essentially 40.125 rounded up).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the plasmas have a lot of superfluous trim on the ends (and I certainly don't need the speakers), even the Panasonic looks like it could lose an inch. But I haven't opened one up, so I have no reason to doubt you that the necessary electronics fill up the cabinet, which means it would take a major redesign to shrink it. Unfortunately, I doubt they'll do that just for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I remember reading a thread a while ago with someone asking the same question . After searching on the net He found a 42" Plasma (Unknown Brand) with 39.5" wide.

Can't find that thread.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. I'm not sure the Revox mentioned in the thread is going to work for me, but at least that holds open the hope that someone else could build one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.