Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi:

i ran a search and didn't come up with a thread that directly addresses this question. perhaps i missed it.

i am buying a plasma for my bedroom and have refined my choices to these 2 displays. when i saw them yesterday evening at a local dealer (harvey's in mt. kisco, ny) it was tough to compare them since they were in separate parts of the store.

no doubt they are both great displays, but different. from my observations (ootb) the fuji was smoother and softer while the elite more detailed and punchy with better blacks. what happens to these displays after an isf session?

the sales person said even though the 42" fuji was allis it's picture was the same as the 50"; my eyes didn't agree (i liked the 50" more).

anyway, i am looking for other opinions to help me find and charterize the differences between these displays. in the end my eyes will be the judge but i need guidance to make sure i am looking for the differences that will direct me towards the one that best meets my needs.

thx in advance for your help!

bob

·
Registered
27 Posts
We briefly had a 42" Fujitsu before we returned it for the Elite. Our Fujitsu unit might have been a dud, as it had a strange burn-in like pattern around the edges (I posted a pic of it in the big burn-in thread).

Anyway, I like the Pioneer's picture better overall. To me, it's more vibrant and has greater depth. The Fujitsu's image looked more like an animated poster. The Fujitsu did have top-notch processing however. It could take any signal and make it look pretty good. The Pioneer seems happiest when you feed it a 720p signal. Sending it 1080i somtimes results in jagged lines when there's fast motion, like during HDNet's soccer games. I let my HD STB convert 1080i to 720p, and the Pioneer looks great. Both displays were "calibrated" with Avia, but neither got an ISF treatment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.