Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking at the Sony KDF-E42A10 mainly, but also the Samsung HL-R4266W. What do you all think of these, and are there any others I should be looking at? I don't know much about HDTV's, so I don't really know what to look for. I thought I would check in with you all before I plunk down the big bucks. Many thanks!

·
Registered
15,822 Posts
This kind of question is generally not very helpful to the poster since people who bought Sony will say Sony, and people who bought Samsung will say Samsung. They are very different technologies, with different pros and cons, so you really need to spend some time viewing them in a few stores to see which you prefer. Do you see rainbows on DLPs? Do you see screen door effects on LCDs? Etc, etc. They are both excellent sets, so just go by which you like best, based on picture quality and features.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am trying to decide between the same two TV's. I have sold both for about 2.5 yrs and buying a samsung honestly is scary to me. I have had very few issues with the Sony LCD projos compared to the Samsung DLP sets. The HLP samsungs were a nightmare and the HLRs already are causing trouble for some customers.

We have the sony E42A10 in at work, but not on display yet. I'd really like to see it before I buy it. If the picture quality is even close to that of the Samsung, i'll be taking the Sony home.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel
I am trying to decide between the same two TV's. I have sold both for about 2.5 yrs and buying a samsung honestly is scary to me. I have had very few issues with the Sony LCD projos compared to the Samsung DLP sets. The HLP samsungs were a nightmare and the HLRs already are causing trouble for some customers.

We have the sony E42A10 in at work, but not on display yet. I'd really like to see it before I buy it. If the picture quality is even close to that of the Samsung, i'll be taking the Sony home.
First of all, do not get the 4266, this is Sammy's worst DLP, if you are going to make a decision between a Sony and a Sammy DLP then the 67 series is a fairer comparision. Having said that i would choose the Sony.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent advice... I'm a new member here, and this is just the kind of thing I was looking for at this forum. Many thanks! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.