AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan to install a 42(Max) inch hdtv in our family room (natural light) which is 16ft wide by 12dt(Deep or wide) viewing distance is 10 feet, I live in Victoria BC Canada.

questions:-

1: Can anything be done to make vhs watchable, or is it just as well to give up on vhs viewing on this tv.

2: Can vhs recordings be transferred to HD-DVD when it comes, or is converting (as I am) to "normal" dvd be the best?

3: I am really impressed by the DLP samsung I have seen, but suggestions please for this room scenario.

4: Is there any point in having a HDTV with a cable tuner (Ntsc) or again is using a digital cable box the way to go.

Thanks a lot everyone, I know this is a regular topic, but may be we can address the regular questions posed by normal family tv watchers, rather than those who wish to have a theatre room with all the trimmings.

We have alarge room where we have a 55 inch Toshiba rear projection TV, the darkness etc makes my wife fall alseep, and she misses the view of the garden, i also find it a bit dull, so back to a cozy family room for us.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.