AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying a new flat panel in the next couple of weeks to put hang on the wall in our bedroom. I have been looking at the LG 5400 line as well as the samsung and panasonic plasma line. 42 inches is the biggest I can go.

Given a budget of no more than $1.5K, what would you get?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/19625000

LG LED/LCD (certainly not a plasma).

Since I dont care about 3D, can you recommend an LG model. Looking for best picture (great contrast, accurate color), decent sound and good viewing angle.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/19625046

Since I dont care about 3D, can you recommend an LG model. Looking for best picture (great contrast, accurate color), decent sound and good viewing angle.

You already mentioned the 5400. Read the threads on the various TVs and make up your own mind. Have you actually looked at any TVs yet? I wouldn't think of buying one before I looked at it.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
The 42PJ350 is an awesome model and will provide you better picture quality than the LED which is twice the price. That said, it is very reflective. Plasma without a doubt is the way to go unless light is overpowering and then a matte screen LCD is the best route.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/19625102

You already mentioned the 5400. Read the threads on the various TVs and make up your own mind. Have you actually looked at any TVs yet? I would think of buying one before I looked at it.

I have seen the 5400 and what I saw I liked. That is the one I am going to go with. My only concern is that apparently there are several different versions of this model. I would like to get the IPS panel version. Do you know what I should look for on the box to determine if it is IPS or not?

·
Registered
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 /forum/post/19625118

The 42PJ350 is an awesome model and will provide you better picture quality than the LED which is twice the price. That said, it is very reflective. Plasma without a doubt is the way to go unless light is overpowering and then a matte screen LCD is the best route.

Just bought this tv for my bedroom and i can't complain. Hard to find something wrong when it was >$400. Best bang for your buck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts