AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few models I have been looking at.

Sharp LC-42D62U

Vizio GV42L

Philips 42PF9731D/37

Toshiba 42LX196

I am open to all suggestions. I am on a tight budget because I am in college but I am upgrading from my 27" tube. I am leaning towards the sharp because of picture quality. I am also looking at the 42" panasonic plasma. What do you guys think of these models or do you have any other suggestions that would fit my budget perfectly?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok I went out searching tonight to American and they had some very nice samsung 42" sets. Is their any big comparisons between the sharp and the new samsungs?

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Which models of Sammy are we talking here because I didn't know Sammy is making 42" LCD panels?

·
Registered
730 Posts
do you care about 1080p?

if so, give the brand new(not even widely released yet) Westinghouse TX series a look. The 42" can be had for around $1500.

if you don't care about 1080p, then there are all kinds of good options available to you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you can wait till the end of the month vizio has a 42" 1080p coming out for a grand. Then you'll have enough for an hd player to.

·
Registered
887 Posts
If you are watching sd tv get a plasma as cheap lcd's will not offer very good standard defination.

DVDs will look ok, so will HD but sd depending on the source may look bad.

It really depends what you want your tv for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts