AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm new to the forum but would greatly appreciate any and all input. I have decided to purchase a 42"(maybe 46") LCD very soon. I've looked at about every make and model available. I would like to keep the price very close to $1500. It will be used for sat tv,dvd movies ( also BR very soon ) some lite gaming (PS3,Xbox 360,Wii).Sound quality isn't an issue as it will be running through my surround sound.The biggest concern is that I have DTV & on my 36" CRT I have terrible pixelation with anything that has a black background. The problem is also noticable on my LG 26" LCD that's in my room, but not nearly as bad. My dvds' look fine so I know its' DTV, but they've looked at it several times and can't find a problem. Will a 42" LCD make the image worse ( hard to get any worse then it is ) or would it help clear it up or make it less noticeable?

Thanks for the input in advance, this forum is a wealth of information

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think your TVS are not the problem, it seems you have a bad Directv dish alignment.

You will have to call DTV and have them tweak your dish for higher signal quality.

How ia your signal when it rains? also you will get that pixilation if you are using Standard receivers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3sila, I've had direct tv out here on a number or occasions. They have even replaced the dish. According to them my signal strengths are in the upper 80's to low 90's which I'm told is above average.They also checked all of the lines. The tv where it's most noticeable has a DVR box, the other 3 are standard DTV boxes. I'm sure it's a DTV issue just don't know how to fix it. I'd switch to CATV but the local company bites.

Thanks

Capt.Howdy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure about your DTV problem. I have Dish Network HD, with no problems with a 47" LG 1080p.

On the topic of tvs, Circuit City has some really good prices on 42" LGs currently. They have a 720p/1080i 42" for just under 1 grand, and a 42" 1080p for just a little over a grand(around 1200-1300), I think.

Best of luck with your DTV prob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts