AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a 42" Plasma for my boat...

Since it will be in high-sunlight conditions (at times), i would like it to have a contrast ratio of 1000:1 or greater.

In addition, I would like it to have a DVI-HDCP interface so I can hook it up to a DVD-HD931 when it comes out.

Is there such a product?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Get the pioneer 433cmx, the contrast isnt all that important since it will be in the daylight, not nearly as much as it does in a dark room! Also has DVI HDCP upgrade avail.

-Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mane3215
Get the pioneer 433cmx, the contrast isnt all that important since it will be in the daylight, not nearly as much as it does in a dark room! Also has DVI HDCP upgrade avail.

-Chris
i saw a dvi upgrade for it, on a card, but i didn't see that it was hdcp..

is there any more information on it?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well the 5002 card that for the most part comes with it now does hat have dhcp. However the soon to be released A303 from aurora does have hdcp. Do a search on EDDY13, he has been drilling the forum on this plasma and its cards the past couple of days for some good info on the card and the links. Or just do a search for the card and you will find all kinds of good info.

-Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
Other options:[*]Samsung SPN4235, which is rated at 1200:1 contrast and 700 cd/m2 brightness[*]Fujitsu P42VHA20US, which is rated at 3000:1 contrast and 700 cd/m2 brightness[*]Wait until the 2003 Panasonic models come out this summer.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TinTinBeeBee
I got the 42 panny, is there a way I can enjoy DVI?
Probably not. I quote another post:

"Spoke to Panny Tech Support on DVI Option

A team of 6 tech support people at Panasonic's Commerical Plasma Group stated the DVI Option is only good for the EDTV units which are connected to a PC and want the extra 2045 shades of grey v. std 1024 shades.

The optional board is not something they recommend users buy separately because it's not like a PC card (uninstall the original and plug in the new DVI board).

The tech support team (888) 843-9788 says to wait for the next gen integrated DVI if it's important to you. The TY-42TM4D (current DVI option board) is viewed as a kluge with dubious technical merit and is very hard to install correctly.

That was enough to convince me to avoid the option and just enjoy the unit as is."

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
HEy I was just like you didnt know what tv to buy. I fell in love with the picture of the elite and these members told me to buy the 433cmx it is goign very cheap and its a 43 inch plasma and it includes a espansion slot! There are 2 new cards shipping out as we speak that have dvi/hdcp connection on it. 1 is the aurora 303-hdcp and the other is the tvp 1000+ that includes pip and other stuff!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.