AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 32" tv with 720P/1080i. It's great for the most part. In some instances, with some movie discs, the screen will be a bit dark so I have to adjust the brightness. This happened on The Unforgiven blu ray. Contrast ratio is 1000/1.

I have my eye on a 42" 1080P set with a contrast ratio of 6000/1.

I have a Panny BD 35 blu ray player. Beautiful. Sometimes it seems to big a picture for the tv; especially on something like Planet Earth.

We sit approximately 8' from the tv.

Based on this data, is it worthwhile to upgrade or simply to leave well enough alone? The contrast ratio seems to have me stuck. 1000/1 is acceptable, but what would be the effect of 6000/1 instead? Would that brighten my movie discs? How significant is that?

Of course, buying a new tv means shelling out some bucks. In a quandray. Help!

· Registered
131 Posts
No matter the size, you'll always long for bigger. I have a 46" too and I wonder what it would have been like if I got the 52". It would have totally overwhelmed the room but it would have been a 52". Ultimately, what I have is perfect for the space but I still wonder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.