AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a RS 40" yagi antenna. I occasionally get drop-outs due to multipath, and if its raining it is pretty much unwatchable. Recently a new station began broadcasting and I'm apparently going to need more gain to pick it up. My choices are the Channelmaster 4248 and 4228. Since both have similiar gain numbers I am mostly concerned with multipath rejection. In my case I live at the base of a large hill that would be 90 degrees from where I am pointing the antenna.

Which one of these things is better for multipath? I thought the 4248 would be, but after looking at some charts posted here:

http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/comparing.html

It looks like the 4228 is actually better. Has anyone had experience with trying both of these things? Which one worked better for you?

Thanks,

Byron

·
Registered
22,267 Posts
A yagi antenna would be better at multipath rejection being more directional.

I've tried the 4228 and a Radio Shack yagi. The R/S was better. Every situation is different, but I had better results with the yagi.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Many have had great success with a horizontally stacked pair of RS Yagi antennas for multi-path rejection. You may want to try that. The CM 4228 has the advantage of slightly higher gain on lower channels, and is very directional also. The Yagi/corner reflector styles are more directional at the higher frequencies. So your choice will depend most on what channel numbers you are trying to receive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.