AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why the new and supposedly better panny 42phd6uy costs $100 less than the older 42phd5uy at visual apex???

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Even so, you'd think they'd be giving the 5uy's away. I mean, WHY would anyone buy a 5uy for $100 more than the newer 6uy model? Why wouldn't retailers be trying to clear their inventory of the older models buy lowering their price to make it a compelling purchase? Otherwise one would think the 5uys will simply collect dust from this point forward. It flies in the face of logic, so I must be missing something.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Dealers paid more to get the 5uy than the 6uy and put the same percentage profit margin on both. I saw even bigger price difference at the shopsunshire.com site and Dell than what you quoted. There is a big drop in the price for the 50"Panny($700)!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just wanted to be sure the 6uy is actually a better set than the older 5uy in every way.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
makes since, i have the dumbest question in teh world i bet. so the 6uy has better brightness? 40 percent they say does this effect black levels at all. and is this model now similar to the pioneers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.