AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

I've out of the loop for some time (deployed) and would like to upgrade my 42HD7UY to a 50" or larger. I've been eyeing the 509UK, since it fits my budget (2-2.5K).

Are there any new ones coming out that i should wait for?

I will be feeding the TV with Dishnetwork HD, and the regular SD channels. I *hope* that the SD channels have had some improvements since my 42 came out.

Thanks for the help!

-Glade

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input! Are there any "new" releases that i should keep my eye open for? I like what i hear about the 9UK, but i am definitely open to suggestions! Which model Pioneer should i look at? I recently read that the new Pioneer's coming this year are going to re-write the black level standard...something like 45% better?? WOW!

My Panny is my first HDTV, im open to anything......even LCD!

Thanks for the help!

-GLade

·
Banned
2,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesteen /forum/post/0

Thanks for the input! Are there any "new" releases that i should keep my eye open for? I like what i hear about the 9UK, but i am definitely open to suggestions! Which model Pioneer should i look at? I recently read that the new Pioneer's coming this year are going to re-write the black level standard...something like 45% better?? WOW!

Thanks for the help!

-GLade

You should take a look at the 5070 (or 71 at Best BUY). Amazing display and you should check pricing from the authorized Pioneer forum sponsors.

BTW. Robins AFB has been my client for a while

·
Registered
732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesteen /forum/post/0

Thanks for the help!

-GLade

Don't expect to get one of the new pio for in your price range. The 5070 will give you better SD, but the 9uk is a nice display also. (note: it is a monitor, not a tv)

·
Registered
538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by why2not /forum/post/0

Don't expect to get one of the new pio for in your price range. The 5070 will give you better SD, but the 9uk is a nice display also. (note: it is a monitor, not a tv)

why2not- He had a 7uy so he should be real familiar with the advantages/disadvantages involved.

I suggest that you put a 48x28" carboard (rough size of 50" with bezel) cutout over your 42". Its not that large an increase as you might think.

You may want to wait 2-3 months for the new Panasonic 58" 768P model, the 58PX75U.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again for the inputs!

Yes, it was a typo (tv vs monitor)....sorry about that. I do still have my 7UY, so i know exactly what i'd be getting into.

I will do some research on the Pioneer and the upcoming 58 model Panny. Does anyone know when the 58 is due out, and what pricing will be (roughly).

Regarding the new 58" models:

"Finally all new models for 2007 have a SD Memory Card slot with Photo Viewer"

Does that mean the commercial model with have this too? That would be GREAT!!

-GLade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.