AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much agonizing, and first ordering and XBR910, I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Panasonic. One question that I just realized I never saw answered is whether it has a stretch mode to watch 4:3 images and avoid burn-in, or do you just have to avoid 4:3 altogether. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is anyone using the computer input for a second component video input? If so, what cable are you using -- is there a good Component to D-Sub 15P cable, or are adapters available. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Moebius
Panasonic has a mode called Just which does a very good job of stretching with minimal distotion. It's available on all inputs with an interlaced signal.
Not true. 1080i has an interlaced signal and Just mode is not available. It is only available on 480i and 480p modes.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quote:
Panasonic has a mode called Just which does a very good job of stretching with minimal distotion.
Second that. Except for panning scenes, when distortion at the screen edges becomes more noticeable. But overall the "Just" mode looks inexpectedly good to me.

Quote:
It's available on all inputs with an interlaced signal.
In my Panny 42PWD6UY it is also available on component input with progressive 480p signal. Can't say about the rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.