AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would either a Denon 4311 or Onkyo 818 be an upgrade over a Yamaha RX-Z9?

If so, which one would be better?

·
Registered
4,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfowler  /t/1435856/4311-or-818-upgrade-from-rx-z9#post_22529609

Would either a Denon 4311 or Onkyo 818 be an upgrade over a Yamaha RX-Z9?

If so, which one would be better?

It would be an upgrade only for the new features they offer. If you can live without the new features I wouldn't budge. Took me awhile to let go of my Yamaha RX-V1 but I'm

really enjoying the new features of a Marantz SR 7005 I bought.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if I got a receiver with Audyssey XT32 and used it for a pre-pro and used the Z9 as an amplifier?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

that would be rather pointless, as any avr with xt32 has robust amplification...

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I know how you feel. You have a Flagship receiver that doesn't have the features of many of the new cheap receivers. Hard to let it go.

I think if you pull the trigger on the Denon you'd be happy with it. Yep, you'd still miss the RX-Z9 but that's the way it goes. Technology

moves ahead. The Denon 4311 would be my choice anyway. You have 30 days to try it out depending on where you buy it. Did I push

you over the edge?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, now I am kind of leaning toward a Integra 80.2.

I have an Integra 8.8 in the kids theater that actually sounds better than the z9 but I have to attribute that to the construction of the room. the room probably makes the biggest difference in any listening comparison.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts