AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got mine 433CMX all I can say is wow! Didn't even watch anything fancy, just NBA playoffs from Cox Digital Cable in SD using Wide mode. I had my faithful Sony 27 Trinitron next to it and it was no comparison. 433 was incredible.


I can't wait to watch some progressive scan DVDs and that brings me to a question I got. I have a Panasonic progressive scan DVD player (DVD-CP67) that will only output 480p via the RCA component outs. Maybe I'm missing something but there's no component (i.e. Y, Pb, Pr) input on the 433 or the 5002 card. Any ideas?


Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
Tom,


The BNC connectors on the main unit can accept component signals. Get some BNC/RCA adapters and you can use your component cables. If you do a search you should find this topic was answered many times before.


Enjoy your plasma,

John Flegert
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
judicator:


Enjoy your 433 - it's a great plasma.


An alternative to buying RCA female to BNC male connectors is to get a cable that has RCA male(s) on one end and BNC male(s) on the other. Some people on this forum say that the PQ is superior with this cable as opposed to the connector route because of a better 75 ohm impedance match.


You can find 6 foot lengths of the RCA to BNC cable at AVCable.com, Cables to go, and Lastar. They're all priced around $55. I'm sure there are also other sources.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
hi,


i also got some questions on my new 433 CMX.


1. Right now, there is only one set of component input (input 2), but both my DVD player and my cable box need to use that. Since i don't have any receiver with compoent switching function, so i am thinking using BNC to VGA cable for input 1, add BNC/RCA connector and then i can connect my DVD palyer or cable box to the input 1. Is it feasible, anyone did that ? will it hurt the quality of the signal ?


2. When i wacthed the HD signal from the cable box, it's always 'FULL MODE' ? , i could not change it at all ? and When i watched some programs on NBCHD or ABCHD, although they are HD, the aspect ratio not 16:9, and have 2 black bars on both sides. i am not familiar with HD stuff, but is it supposed to be 16:9 ?


thanks

Calvin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Quote:
2. When i wacthed the HD signal from the cable box, it's always 'FULL MODE' ? , i could not change it at all ?
When the 503CMX receives an HDTV signal only FULL mode works.


May I recommend you download
the 433CMX/503CMX Technical Manual . On page 125 there is a nice chart that shows this.


(Also, page 124 has a nice graphic that shows the differences between the four display modes.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by robot1998
1. Right now, there is only one set of component input (input 2), but both my DVD player and my cable box need to use that. Since i don't have any receiver with compoent switching function, so i am thinking using BNC to VGA cable for input 1, add BNC/RCA connector and then i can connect my DVD palyer or cable box to the input 1. Is it feasible, anyone did that ? will it hurt the quality of the signal ?
You probably want an RCA to VGA cable for input 1, rather than a cable + adapters. Even better would be if your STB had a VGA output - then you could just use a VGA cable. But your scheme is fine. Input 1 handles VGA (RBG) or component, as does input 2. You have to remember to go into the Integrator Menu and switch the appropriate input to 'Component'. (The 433CMX only allows you to change the signal type when there's a signal present. So you STB or DVD needs to be on and connected to change the setting.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Quote:
When i watched some programs on NBCHD or ABCHD, although they are HD, the aspect ratio not 16:9, and have 2 black bars on both sides.
You can check to see when the networks are broadcasting HD shows. If they are not broadcasting HD, then you get the bars and you cannot change the aspect ratio as pointed out by sixsevans. See the Zenith/Titan TV site.

Click here to visit the Zenith/TitanTV Site


Enjoy the 433, I am:)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top