AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's definate - there is a modem activated in the 4500 for dialup.

It will be out this summer, sold at retail across the map, mainly at Circuit City at least!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I don't think it was exactly official news but didn't ReplayPatrick hint around @ that? Somewhere I thought it was pretty strongly implied but cool if it's official now.

(Oh yeah... more rumor and hearsay?) ;)

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pricing has also been finalized:

4504 (40 HR) : $450

4508 (80 HR) : $750

4532 (320 HR) : $1750

There WILL be a flat $250 fee option.

The ethernet IS still active for those that want it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is the $250 service fee going to be the same for modem and broadband users? I was expecting a dual rate structure, one for modem users and one for broadband users.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dbyolton
Is the $250 service fee going to be the same for modem and broadband users? I was expecting a dual rate structure, one for modem users and one for broadband users.
Well if so, then presumably the dial-up option would cost more, since it represents a much larger expense for Sonic Blue. With broadband, you're paying for the connection, not SB. This seems a bit counter-intuitive -- at first glance most people would assume slower should be cheaper. So I'd guess they'd just keep it simple & make them both the same.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712

4504 (40 HR) : $450

4508 (80 HR) : $750

4532 (320 HR) : $1750

There WILL be a flat $250 fee option.
Yawn.

Won't make predictions but will await sales numbers as avidly as the cat who ate the cheese and sat outside the mousehole with baited breath!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Randy,

Thanks for the info!

Where did you get it?

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you buy it but dont pay for the monthlies and dont pay the lifetime fee, can it still be used as a recorder?

For example if I didn't pay the monthlies say then I dont get the guide info, but could I just tell it to record channel 2 from 8-9pm on a certain date and such?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
RandyL712, as of yesterday @ 5pm a Sonic Blue sales rep said to me the fee option price had not been finalized. What is your source?

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the problem - you said SALES REP. They aren't involved in anything but getting units to dealers. They don't know the latest until SB decides to send them all a fax stating something :)

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arjay

So far Randy ain't talkin'!
arjay are you sayin you're not his source? Or are you sayin you don't know yourself?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I don't think that anyone on this forum would admit to being Deep Throat.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TanRanger
This country is backwards. I think they should make POTS illegal.
I have to agree with this one!

But we have to keep POTS around for 100 years more... until arjay is 150.

Well just because. ;)

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Ken for the splash of water...

Does digital phone service from AT+T qualify as POTS? Obviously it's normal wiring inside the house..

·
Registered
211 Posts
I hope the prices for the 4500 are wrong. I would hope now they are looking to target people like me who had no interest in the 4000's. I don't see why they think a lot of people will pay extra for features they do not want or need or could even use in the 4500 with a dial up. I paid (800 less 100 rebate)for my 60 hr replay a year and half ago. Why would lots of poeple want to pay 1000 (750+ 250) for an 80hr unit NOW?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.