AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried hooking up my 4504 after it was disconnected for a few days...

First time I turned it on, it came up and said that the clock was not up to date, and that it would be in a couple of minutes.

Okay I figured, I'll leave it alone for a bit.

Came back 15 mintutes later -- no change. so I tried hitting OK. It wouldn't let me.

Basically it comes down to this:

When I turn the unit on (either plug it in, or do a reboot), I get about a second and a half where it will accept input from either the remote, or the front panel. After that second and a half, it just locks up. It will not accept any form of input (other than letting me reboot it). I tried a 243-zones, but it locks up before I can hit 7 for a net connect. I tried 382, but I can't hit anything after I get into these menus.

Any ideas anyone? at all? I have not tried reimaging the drive yet... I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump.... again.....

can't anyone help with this?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had a similar occurrence after one week of no network connectivity. Unit appeared useless for about 4 hours.

1. make sure your DHCP server is functional

2. make sure your internet connection is up

3. hard boot it

4. leave it alone for a few hours...

E

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will give it a try

Thanks

Q

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was having similar trouble with my 4504, which I cured with a new (and larger) HD, a new replay image downloaded by FTP (check this forum), and RTVPatch.

I reformated the original HD, which is now working in my son's computer...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well

I've had it plugged in since that last message.

It DOES start responding to key-presses after a while.

Unfortunately, anything I try to do just gets me that "out of sync" message.

I tried a 243-zones and a net connect, but it never actually makes it to the connect part.

I guess I'll try a 382 before I replace the drive.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks like the 382 fixed it. I'm somewhat annoyed about this though.

Lyndon, if you happen to see this thread, do you have any insight as to what might have caused this? I'd hate for it to happen again if it's something I can avoid.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I had a different situation but I was also forced to do a 382 reset. I had the same fears but a year later and everything is fine. Some random corruption happens for whatever reason. It's not the norm but it can happen and once it does the door of ReplayTV weirdness behavior is wide open and anything can happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.