AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone has posted this... I havn't seen it so sorry is this is old news... The sonicblue website is all new compaired to the last time I visited... Lots of stuff about the new 4500's. Here is the Interesting bit I snagged from their 4500 FAQ

Q. How does the ReplayTV 4500 differ from the ReplayTV 4000?

A. The ReplayTV 4500 has two major changes. The first change is the analog modem. With the ReplayTV 4000, we didn't enable the analog modem to connect to the ReplayTV service. With the ReplayTV 4500, we enabled the analog modem and gave the choice to the customer on which way they want to connect to the ReplayTV Service. Please note: if the customer chooses the analog modem, the Send Show feature will not be available to them since it is unreasaonable to try to send shows via a 56K modem.

The second change was our pricing. With the ReplayTV 4000, we included the service fee as part of the purchase price. With the ReplayTV 4500, we have separated the service from the purchase price. In this scenario, the customer purchases the ReplayTV 4504 (40 hour model) for $449.99. Then the customer needs to activate the ReplayTV Service by calling SONICblue Customer Care (1-800-480-7149) or by going to the SONICblue website at www.sonicblue.com. They will be required to provide the Service key for their ReplayTV 4504 as well as a credit card payment of $250.

Looks like the 4500 is just the same as the 4000 with just an analog line added. Looks like its the same price too with the 'activation fee'. I thought these things were supposed to be cheaper....*shrug*

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrSaLTy

Looks like the 4500 is just the same as the 4000 with just an analog line added. Looks like its the same price too with the 'activation fee'. I thought these things were supposed to be cheaper....*shrug*
The 4500s *are* cheaper - for the retailer, who now has some incentive to carry them in inventory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.