AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where or what kind of network card the 4504 uses? My card died :( There are no lights on my router...I can plug in a different network card and hardware wise it looks like it works, but the software can't connect to the network through it (driver issue i'm sure).

I can't use factory warrantee because I have already upgraded the drive in the box.

· Registered
3,115 Posts
Have you tried unplugging the unit for several minutes? That may solve the problem. You could try a factory reset if that doesn't work.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had the unit unplugged for over 10 minutes while trying different network cards...looks like the pci slot is fine, but the original network card isn't sending anything through the plug.

I'm afraid to do a factory reset when I can't connect to the net...wouldn't I lose my lifetime activation status?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to try that tomorrow...I hope it works enough for windows to ID it. Thanks for the idea Lizard_boy.

Someone else must know a site to buy parts at...*prays*

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sticking the network card in my computer caused my pc to lock-up...guess it is too far gone.

The main chip on the card is a National Semiconducter DP83815DVNG which according to my research is the same chip that the Netgear FA311 uses. I guess I'll buy one and see if it works.

· Registered
518 Posts
I've never seen the inside of a 4xxx, but are you saying the network card is removable? Is it a PCI card? I was almost sure the RJ-45 jack was built onto the motherboard.

Confused in California...

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes...its a small PCI network card. There is a short network cable that plugs into it then has a female end for the connection in the back of the replay.

· Registered
450 Posts
I had a problem with one of my 4k network cards a while back. It turned out that my netgear rt314 router quit recognizing that card in either machine I plugged it into. The router worked fine for the other replay network card and all my computers.

I switched to an 8-port linksys router and both replays were recognized immediately.

· Registered
67 Posts
jjon2121's problem almost looks more like a firmware/hardware problem with his router (not sure, just reads that way).

Have you called SB cust serv and asked what a replacement part would cost (and then ask for specifics on the card so you can shop around for it?)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.