AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Seriously! I've been saying that Costco SHOULD be carrying ReplayTVs. Can you get a SKU number?

Best,

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Costco in Dunwoody (Atlanta), Georgia. Next time I go I can get the SKU but you can call them. Normally Costco carry most things in most stores (just a few exceptions). When I went to the UK I was shocked that it was (incl. products) almost identical even there !!

Your right about the rebate form, there is no reason for it not to work *EXCEPT* maybe they see Costco as a *club* which it is and won't honor it.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I work for the Costco in St. Peters, Missouri. It's listed as a new and active item, but we currently have none on hand and none on order :(

If anyone's interested, I'll post when or if I see some arrive.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Perhaps one the retailers that do price matching will match the price and you will still be able to get the rebate. Also a past frequent contributor of the forum who is also a vendor, who's name I will not mention in fear of invoking a resPonse that I have some vested interest, has some very competitive prices. If yoU know of whom I speak perhaps you can private message him. unfortunately for whatever reason in the last 8 or so weeks he has only posted like 2 times.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Again, I have found in the past that retailers do not price match Costco prices. Costco is not classed as a retail store, it's a club with members. It's OK, you can post, I don't mind :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just got the scoop from a guy at my local Costco warehouse.

The Costco SKU# is 618-605. It's the Replaytv 4508, for $299.

In the northeast they have limited quantities (less than 20) in the Sterling VA, New Rochelle NY, Melville NY, Wesbury NY, Yonkers NY, Brookline MA and Nashua NH warehouses. Seems like they are test-marketing them, or maybe SB is just dumping its excess inventory. I'm gonna try to hit one of the westchester NY locations today. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
150 Posts
OK, I just took my lunch hour to go to Costco in Yonkers, and here's what I found. They had about 15 or so units there. All the boxes seemed like they had been opened and retaped, so I'm thinking "refurb".

The sign above them advertised a $50 rebate. So I bought one. At the checkout counter the woman used a ball point pen to zip open the tape and proceeded to dig through the box. "For security reasons", she said. OK, whatever.

She gives me my receipt, and the rebate form is printed on the receipt. So this is a Costco rebate, not the Sonicblue rebate. So two things may be true here:

1. The devices are refurbs, and SB is not honoring the 50$ rebate on them.

2. SB may still honor the rebate, and maybe we can double-dip. I didn't get a good look a the UPC on the box - maybe there was a sticker over the original.

I'm inclined to believe it's #1, and that Costco offered its own rebate just to be competitive. Anyway, it's still a good price for a 4508. I'll let you know if I have any problems with setup.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
So at worst we're looking at $249 and at best $199? I'll have to pop by my local Costco and take a look.

--MS

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I just called my local Warehouse in Westminster CO. I asked whether it was being test marketed in specific Costco locations. The answer was an uncategoric "no". She indicated that she exected them by truck over the next couple of weeks. Crazy timing for holiday shoppers if you ask me.

Best,

Matthew in CO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.