AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this 4508 for a couple of years now and just the last few weeks it has been acting up...first off it would play picture but no sound…unplugging it for a few minutes fixed that, but then last week for no discernable reason it just didn't record from Wednesday through Friday...none of the shows had conflicts and they were all on - no sure why...

i also had a hard time getting it to connect online to do an update (i have 2 replays on the same switch and the other one had no problem connecting)...a soft reboot fixed that...

then tonight I’m watching the World Series and cold case was set to record...i got the message saying it was going to start recording in 30 seconds...at the end of the message it said "unable to initiate record" and didn't start...i then went to the Channel Guide and tried to record it manually, but it wouldn't record again...i had to switch channels to Cold Case and physically hit record again on the Channel guide to get it to record...

I hate thinking that i have to keep an eye on this thing to make sure it records...i hate coming home to no shows recorded when i've expected them to be there...

any ideas?

jared

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
How about pulling the hard drive, running diagnostics on it, and then re-image with fresh software? I can't imagine what would cause those kind of problems but corrupt software or a dying drive. I suppose it could be some other kind of hardware failure, but that's beyond my understanding. Besides, unless you need a new hard drive, it's free.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i was afraid that would be the answer...i can do that, but am heading to the hospital (baby arival) and will be out of commish for the rest of the week...this weeks shows are suspect now...i have a 250 gig drive in my computer that i might move to the Replay...

j

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.