AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Jackman11, while I don't own a 45, I do two pairs of Alpha and auditioned a 45tx in home on those speakers. they work wonderfully, with one minor exception:

if you set the speakers to large, there will be too much bass than the speakers can handle. That was not a problem with my sony or kenwood, presumably because the two don't go down enough in the low-end of the spectrum.

If you have a sub, there would be no problem with the set-up. It sounded neutral.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
I concur with millwood.

I've been a PSB owner since early 1998, running 800i's, 200ci, and a variety of Alpha and Alpha Mites.

I run my dedicated basement theater with the PSB's and a Pioneer VSX-26TX, which is a model year (or two) before the 45TX.

I've held several demos for local AV-philes, and they have consistently found the sound from the 26TX/PSB 800i/200ci front combo outstanding.

The Alphas perform very well with the 26TX, also. The opinion seems to be that the Alphas are somewhat brighter than the 800i's (not suprising given the much smaller package, one less mid/bass driver, and different crossover), but perform admirably.

Be sure to use a subwoofer in series with the Alphas, using the sub's high-pass crossover to pass everything above your sub's upper range, and you'll be good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.