AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on aol playing some music videos with my 6yr old and wondered about trying to set up the usb port on my pc to the 45tx.

Has anyone done this yet? I would need a usb cable about 25-30'. Do they come that long?

The manual says only 2 channel would be available. What kind of output audio signal would I get?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have a 45tx as well, and have been wondering about setting up that sucker via USB to my PC. I would think that you could find a USB cable that long. If not, you could probably daisy chain a few USB cables together. Beyond that, I'm not sure about anything else as far as sound goes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I really recommend trying this feature out. I connected my 45TX to my pc via USB last weekend and was surprised at how easy it was and how great it sounded. I have my office right outside my home theatre so I temporily just ran the USB around the wall and through the door to test it out. In seconds I was playing all my MP3 files through my home theatre system. I was impressed enough by the sound and ease of use that I plan to drill a hole through the wall and get some cover plates to permanently run the usb cable to the receiver.

Great feature, and very easy to use. With DPII Music mode turned on it sounds amazing!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Why not use digital output from your sound card to your receiver. That way the 2 channel limitation goes away, while still allowing the signal to go through the receivers processing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.