AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the greatest flexibility & ease of use when connecting a dvd, vcr & satellite to the 45tx. I want the wife to be able to watch tv, or dvd or vcr without having to use the receiver. Is this possible? I had thought about only running the digital audio from the dvd and the satellite & the analog sound from the vcr to the receiver. That way she could still wath everything the way she does now, but still be able to have the sound run through the receiver for HT purposes. I also need advice on the best way to get the tv sound through the receiver for HT. Again, I also want to be able to watch tv without using the receiver. Can this be done by using the audio out from the tv into the receiver & still maintain use of the tv speakers? By using this method, does it mute the tv speakers?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The 45TX's remote have a basic multi-equipment macro capabilities. Given your situation I would program/configure the remote so that just by selecting the source and volume on the remote, the rest is automatically taken care of. In other words, your wife will ONLY touch the receiver remote, and nothing else to watch whatever she wants.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.