AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to install 2 large lcd tvs in our broadcasting classroom to view our educational access channel. The price point I'd like is about $1000-$1500 each.

Seeing as the educational channel is only broadcast in SD, the TV needs to have a good SD picture.

Costco has a Sharp C77UN for $1499, but I read about banding issues and poor SD. Can you recommend some other TVs, and they don't have to be from Costco.

thanks

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
A tv that large with an SD channel is not going to look very good at all. You should do some more research and then you should make a list of how many you can find at your price point and then read over the owner's threads on this forum about your selected tvs for more info.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes444 /forum/post/16995382

A tv that large with an SD channel is not going to look very good at all. You should do some more research and then you should make a list of how many you can find at your price point and then read over the owner's threads on this forum about your selected tvs for more info.

Yeah I did that already and to be honest there is just WAY too many threads out there on so many different TVs. When I did a search I got an Olivia from 2007, which isn't much help now-a-days.

THat's why I was hoping some users would point me in the right direction. I will, however, take your advice and post some model numbers to get some feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts