AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are updating our family room and I'm looking to purchase a new 46 HDTV. Our current TV is a 6 year old Sony digital 34 CRT (over 200 lbs), and due to furniture/room constraints a 46 is really the most I can go with. So, I'm trying to obtain some recommendations. We watch over-the-air content (so it needs to have a digital tuner), lots of DVD movies, plus we have an excellent sound system. We also just purchased a new Sony DVD player that has Wifi and 3-D capability. I would like to have perhaps 3-D capability, wide viewing angle, and perhaps stay under 150 watts during operating. Sony 46HX800 is on my list, and so would the Panasonic VT25, but it doesn't come in a 46 model. Thanks

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Uh, read the forum, do your homework, go to stores to see what appeals to you then come back with specific questions. The number one question asked by new members is the very same one you asked and it's usually asked several times each day.

Have fun TV shopping.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoast /forum/post/19635674

Thanks, and I'm doing that. Just trying to get some specific models 0f 46" on my list.

We're not supposed to discuss specific prices, but a range might be nice as a starting point.

By the way. I also have one of those 200 pound 34" widescreen Sonys and still love it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
range might be nice as a starting point

I would say no more than $2K..give or take. Panasonic TC-46PGT24 (Plasma 3-D) is also on my list, but I can't seem to find any info on it. Their higher end plasma's are not in the 46" size. People seem to be pleased with the Sony HX800, and I'm aware of the issues associated with head tilt, so I need to see that unit in person. Just trying to generate a good list of specific models. I'm also not a fan of Samsung due to some past products, but apparently their TV's seem to be good.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I'm pretty sure the GT24 is the warehouse store/Costco variant of the TC-PXXGT25 series. You'll probably be able to find more info on the GT25 than the GT24.

Within your budget, I'd definitely check out the Sony HX8 and if you wanna spring the cash, even better the NX810, which can probably be found in the very top of your price range. It sounds like you're looking for 3D...from what I've seen the best-performing 3D LED set is the Sharp LE925, but unfortunately, they start at 52"....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts