AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating between the sharp aquos LC46D62U and the jvc hd-ila HD56FH97.

Both cost the same to me, both are 1080p, the thin lcd isn't a pro for me since i have plenty of space, the jvc is bigger so that is a pro.

Is there anything that can make my decision easier?

·
Registered
968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabby /forum/post/0

I'm contemplating between the sharp aquos LC46D62U and the jvc hd-ila HD56FH97.

Both cost the same to me, both are 1080p, the thin lcd isn't a pro for me since i have plenty of space, the jvc is bigger so that is a pro.

Is there anything that can make my decision easier?

I will make you decision a little harder. Look closely for PQ at a reasonably adjusted plasma in comparison to either of the above. Then report back.

Good luck and Cheers,

Gary

·
Registered
968 Posts

Quote:

Show me a reasonably priced 1080p plasma first

I know plasmas have excellent pq, i have a 43" pioneer set, but need something bigger for the other room with 1080p.

Fair enough, let's start over.

What is your expected viewing distance?

Gary

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have around 12 feet max to play with if i go with a rptv, and 13 feet if i go with an lcd, plus i can have zero outside light.

I checked out the sharp aquos at a store today, the salesman showed me a 1080p feed... the input said 1080p but i kid you not it looked like an sd signal. No idea why a salesman would try to make a tv like that look bad.

Im leaning towards the jvc mainly for its size, also the 61" i can get for a mere 200 bucks more.

·
Registered
968 Posts

Quote:

I have around 12 feet max to play with if i go with a rptv, and 13 feet if i go with an lcd, plus i can have zero outside light.

I checked out the sharp aquos at a store today, the salesman showed me a 1080p feed... the input said 1080p but i kid you not it looked like an sd signal. No idea why a salesman would try to make a tv like that look bad.

Im leaning towards the jvc mainly for its size, also the 61" i can get for a mere 200 bucks more.

You say 12-13' MAX. Are you willing and able to sit any closer? Say 8-9'?

I can see where at 12-13' you would want a large display say 60"+. Actually, for rear projection, Samsung has a model 6767 a 67" DLP sold strictly at Costco. It contains all their latest technology and 67" is really a nice size.

However, if you can move closer, then you can get a better picture with a 50" 768p plasma and also keep the cost down. Many here have returned 1080p displays for 768p plasmas and rejoyced at their decision.

For a little more online you can look at the 58" Panny. Properly adjusted, as opposed to the way most stores show the set, the picture can be quite good and you could move back to 9-11' for max impact.

Just some food for thought.

Cheers,

Gary

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya thats the maximum distance i can sit from, i can definetly come closer.

The 58" panny is a wee bit out of my price range, but the 50" panny costs as much as the 46" aquos and the 56" hd-ila. Damnit i thought this was going to be easy, im gonna have to look at those plasmas again.

How are the toshiba/lg plasmas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.