AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide which LCD/LED to buy and need your advice. I have done a little research on all of them and haven't found that "perfect" one because all seem to have some negatives. The tv wont be my primary tv but I will be using it for a little bit of everything (cable, dvd's, video games). Here are the models that I am looking at and the cheapest prices that I have found for each. I was leaning towards the 47LH90 because I took a look at it at Best Buy but can't decide if it is worth $300-400 more for an LED and have seen that some people had syncing issues with the audio and video being slightly off. Your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

LG 47LH40 - 889

Sony 46EX500 - 989

Samsung 46B650 (Plasma) - 1265

Toshiba 47ZV650U - 999

LED's

Samsung 46B6000 - 1299

LG 47LH90 - 1300 (roughly, after cashback from bing)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It depends on how much more (if any) that you like the LED-lit LCDs in general. They do save energy but not enough to be worth a lot more money if that's the only reason you are buying it. If you can't notice a difference with LEDs then don't bother. I personally think the LED-lit tvs look the best when they are calibrated and that is why I am going to pay a few hundred dollars more. I'm sure others disagree. It's all about personal preference. I have been reading that LED tv's are going to heavily reduced in price later this year if you want to wait. Also, I think Samsung is coming out with a 3D LED model March 8th (don't know if you care about this either). Anyways, I am also looking into buying the LG 47LH90. I've heard that they have a firmware update that corrects the audio syncing. Please let me know if you find a great deal on this tv. I would appreciate it. Also, let me know how it is if you buy the LG 47LH90 or I will let you know if I buy one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts