AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for a new LCD 46' or 52'...i will be sitting 12 feet from the screen...I chose LCD because I have an apartment and I dont want glare to be an issue? What size screen should I get...46' or 52'?

I have narrowed it down to the Sony XBR4 or the Samsung LNT_ _ 71F??

What do you guys think???

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefeweizan /forum/post/12902300

I am shopping for a new LCD 46' or 52'...i will be sitting 12 feet from the screen...I chose LCD because I have an apartment and I dont want glare to be an issue? What size screen should I get...46' or 52'?

52' would be too much but would work in "s ..

·
Registered
6,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefeweizan /forum/post/12902300

Definately 52". If glare is a concern, you might want to look at the Sammy 5269 which is the same as the 71 but with a matte screen.

·
Registered
414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdad /forum/post/12902364

Definately 52". If glare is a concern, you might want to look at the Sammy 5269 which is the same as the 71 but with a matte screen.

I could be mistaken but I believe the 69 series only comes in 40" and 46". Anyway, if you have access to a truck(like you own one or can rent from a local Home Depot/Lowes on the cheap) then try the 71 series in your home and see if the glare bothers you. If you seen the 69 and 71 series back to back you will notice that the 71 with the glossy screen just seems to jump out at you.

To answer your question, at 12 feet, I'd go with the 52" I"m at 10 feet with the 4671 and it's just enough.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I will go into BB and see both the sammy 69 and 71 to see how they look...BB has a good offer right now (36 months of interest free) and i dont want to pass on it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts