AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a question for all you experts. Should I go with the 46" or 52" LCD? I will be viewing from 12' feet away. I currently have a 27" tv so I am sure anything is going to be an improvement. Costco has the Sony 46 on sale right now thru the 24th I beleive.

Thanks,

Mike O.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
You definitely should go with the 52" from that distance away. Can you see anything, clearly, from a 12' with a 27" CRT?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far so good from the 12' distance on the 27". Now the 13" in my bedroom is a different story. I might just wait a few more months and see if the 52" prices come down a little more.

Mike O.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
In a few months, the 2008 models should hit the stores near you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I personally would go with the 52" from that distance, especially if you are watching a 1080P display.

I am sitting back about 8-9 feet from a 46" which is fine but if I was sitting back 3-4 more feet I would most assuredly want the 52".

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a 46 XBR4 and decided to go with the 52XBR4 on an exchange. The 52 is markedly bigger and is awesome. We are only about 10 feet away. The key is we have all HDEF sources feeding the display with satellite and blueray PS3. If you have high def sources with 1080P you can be very close to the screen. However, low def sources you need to sit further back. We are now spoiled and only watch in high def! Bigger is better! Go with the 52 and you won't be sorry!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I may be waiting a little bit. Oh well I need to build a new Cabinet and all for the new LCD anyway. Just want to make sure I make it the right size for the size of Tv I want.

Mike O.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
57" from 8.5' and not big enough baby - 65" on the horizon. Go as big as the budget and this is where the women are right - Bigger is Better!

My SD did not get any worse BTW going from 45" -57" though 90% of my viewing is HD. Many surveys have been done over the years here and invariably bigger rules by a big margin and one of the biggest regrets by many is not going bigger after a week of getting used to it. Dot Mode 1:1 and quality feed makes it doable and makes HT more immersive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts