AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking for some insight on two TVs...

Last night, I purchased a 55" Sony KDL-55NX720 from Sears. It was $1300 + tax so it came to around $1380, using in-store pickup. I've yet to pick up the TV from the store...

Today, I came across the 47" LG 47LM7600 for $980 (no tax and free shipping to NY) from Paul's TV.

Just wanted some input and a recommendation if possible... Do you think the difference in size warrants the ~$400 difference in price? The Sony is bigger, also 3D, but is 120 Hz, whereas the LG is 47", reportedly better 3D capabilities, and 240 Hz...

I've seen great reviews for both, but would love to get some more opinions.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
619 Posts
What's your viewing distance? A good rule of thumb is 2x screen width. You can go a low as 1.5x screen width for an even more immersive HT experience.

A 47" set is 41" wide, at 2x screen width your viewing distance would be 82" (6'10"). A 55" set is 47.9" wide, the viewing distance would be 95.8" (8').

Here's a handy tool to compute dimensions:

http://www.cavecreations.com/tv2.cgi

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you're a gamer, LG is the way to go. No ghosting with my 6200 so there might not be much on the 7600. I had the Sony HX800 and the ghosting/motion blur was very bad. Sony might have fixed it with the newer models but I highly doubt it since nobody brings it up.

However the HX800 had the most beautiful picture I've ever had. Wish I still had it as a secondary tv for movies and tv. Now I use a 32" for a pc monitor and movies. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts