AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
I saw it in theaters in 3D when it first came out. It's pretty good for a period piece, and a nicely done reworking of a classic tale, but the 3D was flatter than most films I've seen to date, and didn't do too much to promote the visual effects. You can take a shot at it if you like, but I'd avoid the 3D version.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves/0_60#post_24485468


Has anyone seen this film yet? I've seen trailers for it which looked quite good and I've noticed it's available on 1st of April.
In my NF queue.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineWalker  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves/0_100#post_24485517


I saw it in theaters in 3D when it first came out. It's pretty good for a period piece, and a nicely done reworking of a classic tale, but the 3D was flatter than most films I've seen to date, and didn't do too much to promote the visual effects. You can take a shot at it if you like, but I'd avoid the 3D version.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,677 Posts
Watched this tonight. It was ok. Had some cool moments. But overall it was pretty meh. The soundtrack was decent with adequate LFE. A good rental.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves/0_60#post_24742648


Watched this tonight. It was ok. Had some cool moments. But overall it was pretty meh. The soundtrack was decent with adequate LFE. A good rental.
My copy arrives tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24742650


My copy arrives tomorrow.

Wolf of Wallstreet arrived 2 months ago and you still haven't watched that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24742648


Watched this tonight. It was ok. Had some cool moments. But overall it was pretty meh. The soundtrack was decent with adequate LFE. A good rental.

It wasn't too bad
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24742681


Wolf of Wallstreet arrived 2 months ago and you still haven't watched that.

Does Oink still have his copy ? I thought he is still waiting for it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves/0_60#post_24742681


Wolf of Wallstreet arrived 2 months ago and you still haven't watched that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves/0_60#post_24742695


Does Oink still have his copy ? I thought he is still waiting for it.
I bought Wolf, but am only renting Ronin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24744186



I bought Wolf, but am only renting Ronin.

Wise choice
I also rented 47 Ronin and thought it was passable, glad I didn't bought it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24742694


It wasn't too bad

It wasn't The Happening bad. It didn't have shrubs & trees trying to kill Keanu. God, that is the worst movie ever made. Like I said, Ronin is a decent rental. I doubt I'd ever sit down and watch it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24742695


Does Oink still have his copy ? I thought he is still waiting for it.

Lol. Oink will be a sour old sow by the time he watches it. Oh wait...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24744782


It wasn't The Happening bad. It didn't have shrubs & trees trying to kill Keanu. God, that is the worst movie ever made.
I actually thought the idea of that film was good. Except for the shrubs and trees part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24744782


It wasn't The Happening bad. It didn't have shrubs & trees trying to kill Keanu. God, that is the worst movie ever made.

I take it you haven't seen The Last Airbender or After Earth? Each M. Night Shyamalan movie is worse than the last.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves/0_60#post_24748019


I take it you haven't seen The Last Airbender or After Earth? Each M. Night Shyamalan movie is worse than the last.
I managed to get thru TLA, but AE only made it to the 10 minute mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24748019


I take it you haven't seen The Last Airbender or After Earth? Each M. Night Shyamalan movie is worse than the last.

Had to sit thru Airbender. My kids are fans of the cartoon series. I will never see After Earth. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24749341


TLA was the worst for me.

Shama-lama-ding-dong is the worst for me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves/0_100#post_24749446


Had to sit thru Airbender. My kids are fans of the cartoon series. I will never see After Earth. Ever.

.

But it has your favourite actor of all time Will Smith!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1522630/47-ronin-keanu-reeves#post_24749468


But it has your favourite actor of all time Will Smith!!

I'm more of a DJ Jazzy Jeff fan.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top