AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post. This will be my first HDTV. I watch DVD and cable movies dramas, not action or high speed stuff, occasional Tennis. I will get a blue ray player.

Bright south windowed room, so NO glossy Samsung thanks. I sit about 11 feet from TV.

Rural electric grid, so the electric often pops off for a second, then back on...ouch on electronics, so no to a real pricey set.

The 47" Vizio VL420M looked good to me at Walmart, as did the 60HZ Sony.

The 46" Sony KDL-40V5100 sounded better in the CNET and HomeTheatermag.c0m reviews but troubling from the audiophiles here. Frankly, I'm not an audiophile, and I couldn't see the red flash thing on the youtube video.

Any LG or other budget suggestions in the 46-47" size? Focus on Durability, reasonable picture quality, OK sound, and I don't want to fiddle with it a lot. Again mostly for DVD and cable movies, dramas, not action, high speed stuff. And your thoughts about 47" Vizio VL420M vs 46" Sony KDL-40V5100.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The LG47LH40-UA is on sale at Best Buy for $999 and seems like a possibility too. If I'm watchin over air stuff, it apparently DOESN"T have RCA jacks for audio out ? If I keep my cable box I guess I can pull the signal through the box, or maybe connect the over-air antenna to my Harmon Kardon surround system. which I'd rather not use some of the time.

Any experience with this model compared to Sony V5100 or Vizio VL420M , both of which are about the same price.

Best Buy seems like an easier option than Amazon, if there are issues making me return the damn thing. Or am I just being old fashioned?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.