AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4805 with a sony 575 dvd player hooked up through component.I find the picture to be very nice.

I would like to know how much nicer would the picture be if i would hook it up to a dvi m1 adapter to a oppo dvd player.

When i changed my hook up from s video to component the difference was huge,the picture was much brighter and the colors were much nicer.Can i expect the the same kind of difference with the oppo and the dvi hook up?

Also i would need a 30'feet wire how much can i expect to pay for that?

Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duo man
I have a 4805 with a sony 575 dvd player hooked up through component.I find the picture to be very nice.

I would like to know how much nicer would the picture be if i would hook it up to a dvi m1 adapter to a oppo dvd player.

When i changed my hook up from s video to component the difference was huge,the picture was much brighter and the colors were much nicer.Can i expect the the same kind of difference with the oppo and the dvi hook up?
No, not in my opinion. The step from s-video to component is huge, from component to DVI/HDMI non existent to very small.

Furthermore the upconversion advantage is very minimum for the 4805.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duo man
Also i would need a 30'feet wire how much can i expect to pay for that?
30 feet is not particularly short for component, you need very good quality cables to avoid any signal degradation. This is different with DVI/HDMI, they use a digital signal so there is no signal degradation.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
htpcfan

I have very good component cable and that probably the reason why i was so impressed with the picture quality compared to s video.Thanks for your reply this way ill stick to my component cables till i upgrade my projector to a 720p or better.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpcfan
No, not in my opinion. The step from s-video to component is huge, from component to DVI/HDMI non existent to very small.

Furthermore the upconversion advantage is very minimum for the 4805.

30 feet is not particularly short for component, you need very good quality cables to avoid any signal degradation. This is different with DVI/HDMI, they use a digital signal so there is no signal degradation.

hoojed it up to m35 s355 sony laptop with mc1 and WOW what a picture

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheez314

=======

hoojed it up to m35 s355 sony laptop with mc1 and WOW what a picture

====================================================

Can you be more specific on what kind of installation method you used?component or m1 adapter?

Also what would be the difference in resolution going with a labtop vs dvd player?

Also is there any known way of getting a better picture out of the 4805 then with component and dvd player?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.