AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Bob, any word on a release date for the 4805?

thanks

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Not sure if this has anything to do with zoom ratio, but can I use the X1 projection calculator (from projectorcentral.com) to gauge the 4805's screen size also? Are the same screen size ranges applicable from a given distance?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The 4805 is currently planned to ship in the 2nd Quarter.

It does not use the same lamp as the X1.

The projection calculator will be different from the X1's due to the larger horizontal size of the DMD. The throw ratio of the 4805 is 1.77-2.13:1 (distance to screen / screen width).

All of these things may change before release, but they probably won't.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Bob, can you post what screen distance the 4805 can be placed to project a 16x9 screen size 92" and 106" diag. (common sizes). many thanks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
This will be my first projector and I have some questions.

I have 11 feet from lens (ceiling mount) to wall (leaving 6" from back of PJ to boxed air return). With a 4805 and these given throw ratios, what will the height, width and drop of my picture be?

My calculations show an image @ 85" diagonal. Is this correct? Could someone confirm? I have plenty of display wall and would like as large a image as practical.

I could mount PJ on the boxed in air return itself, dropping PJ down 10" and as much as 5 feet further back (getting a larger picture), though this puts projector directly over my head in the seating area.

Any recommendations or things to watch out for?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.