AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one compared picture quality of 480i vs 480p signal into a DVP3000? Please share your findings... pros vs. cons?

Recommend best DVD player for the DVP3000 and G90 CRT combo. Money is no object.

Thanks,

G-3

·
Registered
14 Posts
I commented, on a recent post, that my BEST image was attained using either the Toshiba SD9200, or Toshiba SD-3109, with my iScan Ultra.

NOW, after reading the DVD Benchmark 2002, I have been trying to find a Panasonic RP82 DVD player. The Panasonic RP82 scored a 91 on the benchmark, beating high-end players like the Krell, Denon, Sony, etc. I didn't have any luck finding the RP82 because they're all sold out, especially considering that they sold for about $229. Near the top of the benchmark, also at a rating of 91, is the Panasonic XP30. While driving home from work, yesterday, I just happened into a local stereo/video retailer-Tweeter. Low and behold, just as I walked in the door there was a Panasonic XP50, which is identical to the XP30 except that it has DVD-A. I purchased it for $264.00 on sale as a floor sample. HERE WE GO with the review! The image from the XP50, in progressive mode, was NOT as clear as my Toshiba DVD players with the iScan Ultra. HOWEVER, the XP50 in interlaced 480i connected to the iScan Ultra looks DAMN near HI-DEF!!! All of the motion artifacts are GONE! How in the heck can an under $500 player look this good? The XP50 beats the Kenwood Sovereign($1500) and the Toshiba SD9200(originally $2000-I paid MUCH less). I'm VERY, VERY, VERY impressed with the Panasonic XP30, find one if you can!!!!!:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can I read the DVD Benchmark 2002?

Are you saying that a 480i source is the way to go or does it just apply to your particular setup with the iScan?

Was your Toshiba set with 480i?

G-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.