AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked thsi question before but I was still unclear after I heard some answers so I will post once again. I'm getting comcast digital cable installed on tuesday with their HDTV box. The component input on my projector is already occupied by my PS2 (which I play lots of 480p games on it so I can't use the S-video) and the DVI is occupied by my Bravo D1. So What I'm looking to do is get a Component to VGA breakout cable and hook up the reciever to the projector via the VGA input on my L300U. Now I'm fairly certain that the L300U will handle the 480p, 720p, and 1080i being input through the VGA, but will it take the 480i that I recieve from comcast SD channels and display it correctly as well, or should I run a composite cable JUST for those channels?

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Does the comcast HDTV box not convert SD to 1080i or 720p? Also, are you sure the 300 accepts component over the VGA connection? I am not saying it doesn't, but I would research that and be sure.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I'm posting this here before I purchase a 25ft long beakout cable and be out $30. Anyone know if component over VGA will work (480i through HDTV)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, you can just send SD signals to the VGA port, but in all cases you would need a Component to RGB convert like the Audio Authority 9A62. I am currently using this to send the output from my DVD Player (component) to the L300's VGA port.

chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.