AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first week that I was up and running with my Dish 6000 Receiver and Mitsubishi WS-5509 I was able to watch FOX's X-Files in what appeared to be 480p 16x9 format with good resolution. It wasn't HDTV, but it was a lot better than the normal broadcast. With the exception of the FOX logo being partly off the screen, I was happy.

In the week after that first broadcast, I upgraded my antenna from a TERK TV-42 to a Winegard in the attic. Not surprisingly, reception improved dramatically on all of my OTA stations, including FOX's digital signal. When I returned to watch the X-Files in "HD" mode this past Sunday, however, there was significant stairstepping in the image and the picture had visible horizontal bands throughout. It was unwatcheable. I returned to the standard broadcast off satellite and was depressed.

Thinking that it may have been an anomaly due to weather or whatever on Sunday night, I tried again with Ally McBeal last night. The same thing happened. Again, the image looked fine in SD mode on the Dish 6000, but no dice for the HD mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why this might have happened? Are there any solutions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.