AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe Cornwall will ask the Motorola IPG group to map Discovery HD channel on Monday. Discovery showing HD color bars on transponder now.

Negoiations on track with Marc Cuban for fall launch of

HDNet 2 & 3: HD Movies

HDNet 4 PPV sports

So by years end; HD services on 4DTV could reach 9

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
:) :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
>>Joe Cornwall will ask the Motorola IPG group to map Discovery HD channel on Monday. Discovery showing HD color bars on transponder now.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discovery Networks' news release back then said the HD channel will be on Satcom C4 Transponder 14. They might test on the same spot.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discovery HD is currently on Satcom C4/14, it's just not mapped in the guide yet. If you own a 4DTV, then go to the Delphi 4DTV forum and join the "owners only" section of the forum for info.

9 channels in HDTV.....just for the 4DTV! Add what's currently available via the Unity Motion receiver, and you are talking a total of 14 HDTV channels via C-band. Not bad!

Chris

·
Registered
745 Posts
Can you list those 14 channels for an interested guy like me to see. I get only 8 and the last 2 don't even show hd

HBO, SHO, HDNET, CBS, ABC, PBS, FOX, UPN

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Can you list those 14 channels "

I think they are counting east and west feeds to get that total

4DTV today:

HBO east + HBO west

Showtime east + Showtime west

ACSN

They count them as 5, but in reality it is 2 HD services time shifted + 1 channel of occasional sports

Coming to 4DTV:

Discovery HD

Under discussion for fall launch

HDNet 2 HD movies

HDNet 3 HD movies

HDNet 4 HD PPV Sports

I don't have a Unity Motion receiver so I can't respond to what the total availabilty there is.

I do know that there are 2 Ku DCII HD services on E2 (Star Choice). But E2 is only watchable from the northern third of US + Canada. These services show a mixture of US network HD (CBS, PBS, ABC, NBC) + premium movie HD

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Please tell me, what is ACSN and where is it on C-band? Thanks.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Go to the 4DTV forum on Delphi, join the Owners Only section, and all your questions will be answered.

Chris

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by R8der
Go to the 4DTV forum on Delphi, join the Owners Only section, and all your questions will be answered.

Chris
Well, thanks Chris, but I am already a member of the Owners Only section of the 4DTV forum on Delphi, and my question was already answered by the time I received the e-mail notifying me of your post.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The Action Sports Network is on channels 400, 401 in SD and on channel 402 in HD on the Ku-side of Sat W2, listed as K2 on the 4DTV map. I noticed a couple of channels mapped as 600 and 601 on X0, but saw no video nor audio so far! Will try to find C4, 14 immediately and will report.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Southern Spy
Joe Cornwall will ask the Motorola IPG group to map Discovery HD channel on Monday. Discovery showing HD color bars on transponder now.

Negoiations on track with Marc Cuban for fall launch of

HDNet 2 & 3: HD Movies

HDNet 4 PPV sports

So by years end; HD services on 4DTV could reach 9
So if you are going to tease us with wonderfull cband HDTV descriptions,

what is your opinion on the basic costs to go cband ? I have seen

web sites that claim to be able to provide an equipment setup for $2000.00.

Is there a good market for used equipment, and about how much would

you expect a used setup to go for ?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Southern Spy
"Can you list those 14 channels "

HDNet 2 HD movies

HDNet 3 HD movies

HDNet 4 HD PPV Sports
Can you get HDNET at all on cband presently ? I thought it was just DTV....

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
The used market depends partially on your location. The dish being the issue there. Receivers, LNBs, etc. are in plentiful supply at ebay and other forums. If you are a DIYer you can do it for a lot less. Most of my satellite gear is used. Though the DCII stuff and the 12 footer were purchased new. If you get a good used analog receiver you can probably snatch a DSR905 (aka sidecar) for $250ish (I haven't looked in a looong time). You should visit the 4DTV forum if you are interested. There is a ton of useful information, links, industry professionals, and nice folks to answer any questions you might have.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have a 4DTV, and HDD 201 and get some HD right now.

Are you saying there is some way of maping HD Dicovery currently or are we still left in limbo for the time being?

Any info on how to get HD Discovery on a 4DTV HD system would be greatly welcome.

Max

·
Registered
46 Posts
I want to ask the same question as Max. Is there a way for us to get Discovery HD on 4dtv?

What's on C4/14? Is there a signal there that I just can't get? Do I need more equipment?

I apologize if these are stupid questions. I've been trying to get on the 4dtv forum, but it doesn't seem to be working.

·
Registered
654 Posts
According to an update mail notice I received this morning (7 August, 2003), the HD Discover channel is now available to 4DTV owners on C4, channels 600. Call your service provider!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I called Superstar today to see if I could subscribe to Discovery HD Theater and they told me they cannot do it yet, and I should call back next week.

Should I be bummed, or really believe they will have it available soon? I know NPS subscibers who cliam to have it already!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.