Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

This seems to be a touchy subject but here goes. I have the opportunity to buy either a Sony 4es or an open box 5es for the same price. This is a video system only. I purchased a set of Mirage omnisats today. I have a couple year old Infinity woofer in a relatively small room. I need to do something tomorrow. As always any info is appreciated.

zaxdad

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 7 channel isn't an issue. It's in great shape with a new warranty. What is the upgrade you mention and how do you do it?

Thanks,

Zaxdad

·
Registered
20 Posts
"...just apply the upgrade to it to fix some DTS issues."

Loopy, I'm also interested in acquiring the upgrade for the DA5ES. I've not found anything on Sony's website. Where do I get it and how do I upload it to my receiver?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got it Loopy. Thanks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I picked up the 4es today and am pretty impressed. They couldn't find the remote or owners manual. I only paid $495.00 for it so I feel like I got a really good deal.

Zaxdad

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Loopy.

So far I'm very impressed,my only complaint so far is the remote. Definitely not wife friendly. Picked up a Kamelion remote from Radio Shack but it doesn't have codes for the 4es. Life goes on.

zaxdad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Zaxdax,

I have a remote 2116 from Radio Shack and it didn't have codes for my 4ES either. What you have to do is buy a JP-1 cable and you can program the remote thru your PC.

It takes alittle bit of time but you can do it. Follow this link which is yahoo group for JP-1.:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/

Read as many post as you can and you'll be able to program your remote.

My remote can do anything I want to program now.

Good luck,

Hary

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hradak.

Thanks for your reply. Is the code for the 4es on the Yahoo page somewhere? The whole JP-1 thing is a little intimadating but I'm willing to give it a go.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Zaxdad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.