AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current equipment consists of the JVC RS400u, HK AVR 8000 (old) and a TICTID M9S Android TV Box.

The oldest equipment here is the HK 8000 AVR and only takes coax or toslink for 5.1 (SPDIF)

I tried a j-tech splitter but the output is pink. The j-tech support said they only support up to 4K 30Hz but when I tried other outputs on the TICTID (1080i/60,1080p/60), its always pink. When I connect the TICTID directly to the projector, it displays and recognizes 4K 60Hz perfectly fine, without audio. I tried the two hdmi cables to see if its the cables but they work fine, directly. My guess is the splitter being the problem.

j-tech info:
J-Tech Digital ® Premium Quality HDMI To HDMI + Audio (Spdif + RCA Stereo) Audio Extractor Converter support ULTRA HD 4K (Support Apple TV 4 Gen)

Are there any good toslink splitters that will support what I want to do or should I just replace the HK AVR?

Reactions: noshank

·
Registered
11,617 Posts
Coax and Optical toslink is audio-only.

HDMI is both audio and video, it is the universal AV transport in common use today, similar to USB for data transfers.

There are a few 4K 60hz HDMI spliters but they aren't cheap.
There are also optical-HDMI cables, but they aren't cheap either... (but I don't think that's what you desire/need here).

You'd be better off with a new Atmos AVR.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try a hdcp2.2 hdmi splitter first. One for the JVC projector and the other for SPDIF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts