AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking closely at the following PJ's to be used primarily for DVD and HDTV but also for some standard 4:3 stuff via DirecTV. I'm limiting myself to LCD as I'm fairly sensive to dlp artifacts (at least the under $5k stuff). I also need a small form-factor (under 5" thick) as I'm mounting on a beam that is lower than an already low ceiling. Mounting location is approximately 12 ft. from the screen.

Am I leaving any significant LCD's off my under $4k list ?

Toshiba TLP-MT7: High res, 16:9, small, quiet. Should be good for HDTV.

Panasonic PT-LC75u: Great price, small and quiet. Nice short-throw lens. Accepts HDTV

Panasonic 711XU: Similar to 75u with higher lumens and higher zoom factor

NEC LT158: Extremely small, very bright, good contrast but somewhat noisy and throw ratio too long

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have an MT-7 and love it. It is very quiet, as you mentioned, and the screen door is minimal. I'm projecting a 119" diagonal image, sitting about 12-14' away.

My only concern with the MT-7 is that you can't seem to connect a native RGB signal to it at 1280x720. My video card can do it, but the project converts it to 1024x768. I'm told that converting the RGB to Component Video will do the trick, but haven't bothered to try it.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.