AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked this in other threads but figure some other people have to have this questions as well. So with these 4k tvs that do not support full hdmi hdcp hdr information. What happens when you buy a new 4k blu ray player that does. When you send all of this full spec hdmi stuff to a tv that doesnt do full spec does it fall on its face and not display an image or will it downgrade the signal but still produce full picture and sound which I would imagine is better than my old mits 65 dlp. Im holding off on an upgrade because of this. I dont want somwthing that will not work when sent full spec

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Its reported with the new OCB for samsungs this issue will be fixed. I think there is some talks of UHD players being dual HDMI outs, one for sound other for video

·
Registered
23 Posts
Uhd / 4k

Just posted following in Hisense forum/thread.
Maybe it belongs here, too?
Is there a forum / thread (don't know the diff ??!!) for UHD / 4K ?
Is this it ?
Thanks, Fred
--------------
DOES ANYONE HAVE A Hisense 65H8C ?

Good deal from Costco but I'm frustrated that I can't even get a short demo to play in UHD. I am using the one and only UHD rated HDMI port. Can't get anything from Hisense except 1 manual that came with and 1 that was on their website. Neither manual even speaks to UHD. The website won't even say it was ever made LOL.

I feel like I own the only one ever sold ! Anyhow It's supposed to be UHD but I can't find any way to get UHD media into it.

Tried Sony BDP-S6200 bluray which purports a UHD capability.

Tried a thumb drive copied from drive that was playing UHD demo files / content on a Vizio UHD TV in a Walmart.

Tried UHD files downloaded to my Laptop but it won't display motion just frame by frame due (according to my "trusted" advisor) to my Laptop's shortcomings. I did download VLC media player which allowed me to open the UHD (MKV ?) files but not get them to play in full motion as they were on the Vizio in the store ??!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts