AVS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
The only game listed in 4K on my guide at the moment is the NBA game on FS1.......the DePaul-Georgetown game is only listed as being in regular HD not 4K.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The only game listed in 4K on my guide at the moment is the NBA game on FS1.......the DePaul-Georgetown game is only listed as being in regular HD not 4K.
FS1 does not carry NBA games. Regional Fox Networks like Fox Southwest carry NBA games but not the national Fox Sports or FS1. Could you post a picture of what you're seeing on your guide? My prediction is that ESPN will start having some NBA games in 4K instead of college basketball in 4k.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
That game was recently removed and now the only game listed is tomorrow's Indiana-Purdue game on FS1........the soccer match on NBCSN is not Tottenham vs Aston Villa it's Tottenham vs Fulham and it's not in 4K.[they just had something on the screen saying it's supposed to be in 4K on Xfinity but it isn't here]

Reactions: dtv757

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #204 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
That game was recently removed and now the only game listed is tomorrow's Indiana-Purdue game on FS1........the soccer match on NBCSN is not Tottenham vs Aston Villa it's Tottenham vs Fulham and it's not in 4K.[they just had something on the screen saying it's supposed to be in 4K on Xfinity but it isn't here]
the event has passed and not sure what I saw on the D* guide. its also no longer showing on the Xfinity website, i checked Premier League Football News, Fixtures, Scores & Results and saw the score. will update next post .

these are the current upcoming events per xfinity site.

English Premier League schedule
  • 1/16 Wolverhampton vs. West Brom (7:30am ET, NBCSN)
  • 1/19 Leicester City vs. Chelsea (3:15pm ET, NBCSN)
  • 1/28 Tottenham vs. Liverpool (3:00pm ET, NBCSN)

Events subject to change

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
if someone could assist me and post when events get canceled due to COVID. Please post with a link.

Thanks much appreciated

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
FWIW:
Today/tonight is Wednesday PM. That means changes to the respective TV guides have been made. From my end, as a Dish customer, I will not be able to watch any of Fox's NFL divisional PO games in 4K, only on HD.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
FWIW:
Today/tonight is Wednesday PM. That means changes to the respective TV guides have been made. From my end, as a Dish customer, I will not be able to watch any of Fox's NFL divisional PO games in 4K, only on HD.
You were able to watch the Rams-Seahawks last Saturday in 4K on channel 540-01, I did. If you have a Roku or Amazon FireStick you can watch these games on Fox with the FoxSports app, using your Dish credentials, and it will be in 4K/HDR. I did that too. AppleTV is 4K only. I do note that it doesn't appear that the Rams-Packers game is not on the Dish schedule for this Saturday. They have a college basketball game on instead. Once again you can use the FoxSports app to get them.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #209 (Edited)
a bunch of events loaded this morning ,
and im still not seeing NFL playoffs, even though the ATT Schedule shows it for this Sat:

1/14- Removed NFL Divisional game, as only showing on ATT schedule but not on guide. also added NBA games and NCAA channel numbers per D* guide.

Saw another nuggets game on ch 107 updating again .

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
With the assistance of TVanswerman, it has been determined that the NFL game tomorrow will NOT be in 4K.

"...we also asked AT&T, which owns DIRECTV, for a clarification, saying it appears the game won’t be produced by Fox in 4K. An AT&T spokesman last night issued this statement.
“You are correct. We are updating the website,” the AT&T spokesman said. "

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Incredible that Fox isn’t producing either of their NFL games (with much bigger ratings) and are instead doing the NCAA games this weekend. Yes, yes - I’m aware they only have so many 4K capable trucks.

Fox isn’t contractually obligated to produce certain content in 4K, but I think the whole point is to engage / excite the most fans about the future - why wouldn’t you do this weekends NFL game in 4K?

4K is such a mess

·
Registered
24 Posts
Incredible that Fox isn’t producing either of their NFL games (with much bigger ratings) and are instead doing the NCAA games this weekend. Yes, yes - I’m aware they only have so many 4K capable trucks.

Fox isn’t contractually obligated to produce certain content in 4K, but I think the whole point is to engage / excite the most fans about the future - why wouldn’t you do this weekends NFL game in 4K?

4K is such a mess
Yes it is..like I said with a earlier post 4k when it comes to sports broadcasts are a hope and prayer

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm going to laugh when Fox doesn't air the NFC Championship game in 4K.

This is the worst adoption timeline. You can forget about Sinclair offering NFL in 4K to any local markets in ATSC 3.0 until maybe the end of this decade - they are totally incompetent/broke.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Comcast airing the super bowl exclusively ??

Do you have a link ?

I'm not aware of any CBS 4K events beyond The Masters (att/DirecTV exclusive)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Is it just me or does the time slot of these NCAA basketball games keep changing ...

WIP updates

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
the Xfinity site is showing the following game, can someone confirm this will be in 4K .. not seeing it in the D* guide

• 1/16 North Carolina vs. Florida (12:00pm ET, ESPN)

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
It's really frustrating. I wish more of the general public cared about picture quality. I think if they saw what an actual 4K sports broadcast looked like, they would be like us and demand more it.
You would think. But how many sit at the correct distance from their TV? Most enthusiasts like us on AVS, when possible, sit at the recommended distance, and that makes a big difference. I don't think distance enters the mind of the vast majority of viewers. I've been in homes where they have a 50" TV and sit 12-15 feet, if not more, from the screen. Years ago my brother had a 32" HDTV and sat 12' away and said he didn't find much difference between SD and HD. He also refused to wear glasses when he needed them. It drove me crazy. There are plenty more like that out there. It also doesn't need to be just sports.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
1/16 Updated times, added UNC @ FL st per Xfinity site, added Notre Dame @ Howard per D* guide and Optimum site

if there are errors i apologies in advanced .

201 - 220 of 267 Posts