Reactions: dtv757

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
It's in 4K here now too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hate to keep beating a dead horse but ESPN nat 4k games lokk soooooo much better then Fox upscale games..and the sky cam gives a fresh look to games...to bad baseball doesent try this instead of forever behind the catcher...might make the game more fun to watch

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
chart update WIP

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
the espn app or nothing is 4K on the app?
per ESPN Press release
"the Skycam viewing option will also be available in 4K on DIRECTV, Comcast and Optimum thanks to Samsung QLED. "

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks - crazy it is not on the app. It is 2021 and 4K broadcasts are taking way too long to get standard. Inexcusable.

per ESPN Press release
"the Skycam viewing option will also be available in 4K on DIRECTV, Comcast and Optimum thanks to Samsung QLED. "

·
Registered
187 Posts
I’m watching the 4k broadcast with the main ESPN broadcast playing on my iPad in the background so I can get Herbie & Fowler’s commentary. Takes a little work to sync the timing.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Requesting to continue CFB National championship discussion on this thread :

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Chart has been updated :

also added to the main thread the press release about NESN 4K .

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
One game i'm seeing that's not on the chart is a Celtics -76'ers game on FS1 on the 22nd at 6:15pm ct/7:15pm et........The Butler-St John's game doesn't look like it'll be in 4K tomorrow on Xfinity.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

“The studio project is the latest piece of a broader effort at NESN to switch to a higher-definition format, known as 4K/HDR. The company has switched distribution from satellite to fiber, equipped its distributors with gear to receive 4K/HDR video, and is switching out servers to make the transition.

The goal is to begin broadcasting these games in 4K/HDR starting with the Red Sox this spring: one more visual upgrade that viewers will notice at the start of a new season.”

Story on how NESN has upgraded their studios but interesting info is the upgrade included 4K/HDR and also mentions providers who carry NESN have been sent 4K gear and NESN plans on covering Red Sox games in 4K this upcoming baseball season. No word on who will be carrying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NESN is the last remaining independent RSN left, owned by the Bruins and Red Sox. Glad to see they didn’t fold into Fox/Sinclair or Comcast sports networks.

161 - 180 of 267 Posts