AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think @longhorn23 has D* and NBA LP he can confirm. I'm getting a not subscribed (721) message which is correct since I don't live in Chicago market nor do I have NBA LP.

I do have MLB EI so hopefully I can confirm the upcoming white Sox games in 4K !!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I had this game scheduled to record but it was canceled by directv "because a broadcast update did not arrive in time." Not sure exactly what that means...but not the first time that this has happened where the DVR made a mistake in canceling the recording because I scheduled the recording too early and there ended up being some kind of update in the guide that caused it to cancel.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
I had this game scheduled to record but it was canceled by directv "because a broadcast update did not arrive in time." Not sure exactly what that means...but not the first time that this has happened where the DVR made a mistake in canceling the recording because I scheduled the recording too early and there ended up being some kind of update in the guide that caused it to cancel.
Oh no that stinks

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Blackhawks game is in 4K on Xfinity in my area but not HDR.

·
Registered
472 Posts
since I have Verizon FiOS the only live 4K sporting events I've seen have been through FOX Sports...so I have nothing to compare it to but I think the HLG implementation is pretty good...with NFL games the helmets, grass, player closeups all look much better...and it's miles better then the standard 720p SDR feed
Fios really slacks on their 4k, they make hard to even record the 4k events since many times they are listed on the wrong station or have something showing that isn't on the guide

Reactions: dtv757

·
Registered
7 Posts
From TV Answerman:

Fubo’s next scheduled 4K broadcasts will be five NASCAR races produced, by, you guessed it, Fox., The first that will be available in the format will be a May 9 race at the Darlington Raceway in Darlington, South Carolina. Here’s the complete lineup:
5/9 Cup Series Racing from Darlington (3:30pm ET, FS1)
5/23 Cup Series Racing from COTA (2:30pm ET, FS1)
6/6 Cup Series Racing from Sonoma (4:00pm ET, FS1)
6/13 All-Star Open from the Texas Motor Speedway (6:00pm ET, FS1)
6/13 All-Star Race from the Texas Motor Speedway (8:00pm ET, FS1)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
a few more events loaded . will try to update late tonight

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Interesting that last nights Bulls game was in HDR but tonights Hawks game isn't.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
The settings haven't changed so it must be my local system doing something.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Sorry folks I have been busy will try tomorrow or Sunday for updates. Will also work on April

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Question: outside of Directv (and antenna is not an option)!could you folks advise me on pulling in the maximum amount of 4K live (broadcast) material ? This would be in the U.P. of Michigan. I understand that FUBO may be an option for me (I have Charter cable & wi-fi from them, and they are “clueless”). When I checked (here on this thread), it showed a measley 3-4 NASCAR 4K programs in THREE months ! Where is the occasional MLB (baseball) in 4K or say basketball? I know it is thin, but there must be more offering than THAT, right? None of these companies seem very forthcoming with information.
This just does not seem right. No golf offering in 4K ?
Thanks for advice, especially with regards to FUBO.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Doesn't look like tonights Blackhawks game'll be in 4K on my Xfinity system.......probably because it's on NBC Sports Chicago Plus.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
March finally updated, hopefully we get lots of 4K next month with The Masters, MLB, NBA and NHL !
I wonder if FS1 will do some MLB games this year.

·
Registered
530 Posts
So NESN is supposed to be broadcasting all Red Sox home games in 4k season. We are days away from opening day and I have yet to hear about any local carrier carrying them in 4k. Maybe someone has heard something.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
^White Sox are supposed to be 4k this season as well right?
It may be worth getting the Extra Innings package if at least a couple teams broadcast in 4k/HDR and D* carries it.

Reactions: dtv757

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
added April projected . more events will probably load wed night so will try to update tomorrow night.

Reactions: WOLVERNOLE
141 - 160 of 226 Posts