AVS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 605 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
The Kansas-West Virginia game that originally was on FS1 at 12pm et Saturday is now going to be on Fox at the time which hopefully means it'll also be in 4K.......it isn't in 4K.

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
184 Posts
The Kansas-West Virginia game that originally was on FS1 at 12pm et Saturday is now going to be on Fox at the time which hopefully means it'll also be in 4K.
I'm guessing it will also depend on if there's a game 6 for the Braves/Dodgers game. I don't think Fox has had two 4k games on the same day but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Unhappy to report Fios had the baseball game listed to be on 4k last night but went around an hour in of fast forwarding and no game shown:mad:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #405 (Edited)

·
Registered
368 Posts
This is a good thread to follow for fios 4K discussion

FiOS: FiOS Linear 4K Discussion - Verizon FiOS TV | DSLReports Forums

Some mention you had to press "OK" for the game to show up ... ??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for that makes me feel much better about it that I am not crazy, but much worse that I am actually paying for the Fios service when apparently they regularly have the guide saying that it is on 1498 but then is on 1499. The real kicker is that they have been ending the broadcast before the game is over, just at the scheduled time they have listed for the game. Which as anyone who has ever watched a single game knows that they never run to the correct time. So since it is not being listed correctly guess I won't be able to record the baseball games to watch later. Fios is a complete joke

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
For those lucky enough to compare. Setting aside the HDR, how impressive are the QLED ESPN football games to the Fox games?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
And the ESPN 4K broadcasts sound better too even without Atmos.[I only have 5.1]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I keep hoping that ESPN, like FOX, brings 4k to their streaming app! Same with CBS sports!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
For those lucky enough to compare. Setting aside the HDR, how impressive are the QLED ESPN football games to the Fox games?

ESPN’s 4k broadcasts look much better than fox. The resolution has that 4k crispy sharpness. Although I did think last weeks fox nfl 4k broadcast and the TX OU game on fox looked much better than some of their earlier 4k college football games from this season.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
chart has been updated

·
Premium Member
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, M&K S-125, S-80, MX-90, Windows Media Center 4K HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,624 Posts
Watching game 4 of the FOX upconverted 4K version of the NLCS on Comcast. Not a lot has changed from the previous broadcasts from the same venue; it looks very good.

I have noticed the audio isn't DD 2.0 as I previously thought, but it's Dolby Digital Plus 3/2/0.1, and sounds Ok but not as good as Atmos from ESPN.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I agree the Fox broadcasts of the game have looked very good to me viewing on my Sony 930e. Now on my Samsung JS8500, the broadcast is dark and doesn't look as good. I believe the difference is in the fact that my Samsung doesn't support HLG HDR while my 930e does.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Interesting thing on the listings for upcoming games on Xfinity there's only a listing for the premier league soccer game in 10 minutes in regular HD there's no listing for the 4K version.So if you didn't already know it was in 4K you might not know it was.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Interesting thing on the listings for upcoming games on Xfinity there's only a listing for the premier league soccer game in 10 minutes in regular HD there's no listing for the 4K version.So if you didn't already know it was in 4K you might not know it was.
I see the Notre Dame game listed today also.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had to check in to see how the game looks, and it's excellent on D*. I'll finish the game tonight.

I don't know why Xfinity does that you don't know what's 4k until the game starts...they give you NO advance notice

401 - 420 of 605 Posts