AVS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
The Manchester City-Arsenal soccer game on now doesn't have the NBC logo and also has different announcers than the regular HD broadcast......must be the same broadcast they're getting in the UK on Sky Sports.[interesting]......the picture quality's as good as the earlier game btw.

Reactions: dtv757

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
The Manchester City-Arsenal soccer game on now doesn't have the NBC logo and also has different announcers than the regular HD broadcast......must be the same broadcast they're getting in the UK on Sky Sports.[interesting]......the picture quality's as good as the earlier game btw.
Yes I believe the EPL soccer matches in 4K are the international feed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #423 (Edited)
So on DirecTV there is NO 12 pm FOX College football 4K game

Any other providers showing a 4K FOX game right now?

I see in the guide section of the fios app, it show college football teams TBA chsnnel 1498 ...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
No FOX 4K game here either on Xfinity.
Thanks next update I will remove that 12pm blank field for today

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I see they're running ads on the 4K broadcast of the Notre Dame game which is a rarity.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Xfinity having trouble with the Louisville vs. Notre Dame broadcast. At times it looks great but frame freezes, moments where the quality looks like 480i, poor transitions on replays and camera changes. Might need to switch to the standard HD broadcast.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I haven't noticed those problems here on Xfinity must be a local problem.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
I see they're running ads on the 4K broadcast of the Notre Dame game which is a rarity.
NBC does have ads / commercials

Usually FOX or ESPN doesn't and FOX did have adds for the "big game"

I would expect ads for World Series

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
The ND/Lou game looks really good on D*. Some early breakups on my recording. I switched to live so I would compare it to HD, and there is no comparison, which is nice compared to Fox. You can see the fine weaving of the jersey in 4K, not the case in HD. Regardless of the feed, these artificial fields look terrible.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
NBC does have ads / commercials

Usually FOX or ESPN doesn't and FOX did have adds for the "big game"

I would expect ads for World Series

I may be alone in this but I like the commercials the annoying ultra bright bugs signifying breaks has me scared as an oled owner (please don’t turn this into an argument between two competing technologies) but up converted or not it’s a pleasant change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Xfinity having trouble with the Louisville vs. Notre Dame broadcast. At times it looks great but frame freezes, moments where the quality looks like 480i, poor transitions on replays and camera changes. Might need to switch to the standard HD broadcast.
I'm not seeing any of those issues here. Xfinity Wash DC.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm not seeing any of those issues here. Xfinity Wash DC.
Thanks, might be my Xfinity Box to Denon HDMI cable, I’ve ordered a new 6’ certified one.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Thanks, might be my Xfinity Box to Denon HDMI cable, I’ve ordered a new 6’ certified one.
I took my cable box out of the AVR chain months ago my blu-ray player and Apple TV didn't have any problems passing through the AVR. But the Xfinity box was extremely problematic .

·
Registered
692 Posts
I took my cable box out of the AVR chain months ago my blu-ray player and Apple TV didn't have any problems passing through the AVR. But the Xfinity box was extremely problematic .
Interesting, no issues with my Panasonic 820 Blu-ray or Apple 4K TV either. No practical way for me to run direct to my TV.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
The only game that could be in 4K tonight but isn't that's on ABC is the UNC-FSU game at 7:30pm et.[ESPN has boxing at that time]......another game that imho ought to be in 4K but won't be is the Georgia-Alabama game tonight[shame on you CBS for not doing college football in 4K]

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
61 Posts
The only game that could be in 4K tonight but isn't that's on ABC is the UNC-FSU game at 7:30pm et.[ESPN has boxing at that time]......another game that imho ought to be in 4K but won't be is the Georgia-Alabama game tonight[shame on you CBS for not doing 4K]
Yeah those ESPN Samsung QLED games seem to few and far in between

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
FWIW, I am watching the Fox ATL-LA MLB game on 4K. It looks good to me. Compared to HD, the 4K wins. Here is another observation. When I switch from 4K to HD, the HD sound is delayed. The HD repeats what's already said on 4K. I have Dish.

421 - 440 of 608 Posts